Sizzling sex after menopause?
Astroglide helps you say why not! We don’t lose interest in sex just because we’ve had a few birthdays. If you suffer from vaginal dryness you may like to take a look at our ‘Overcoming Vaginal Dryness’ section.
It’s only after we’ve lived long enough to know ourselves and what we like that a sex life can live up to its full, glorious potential!
OK, so we’re all aware that at the onset of menopause a woman’s body begins to produce less oestrogen, but did you know that menopause raises your levels of androgens? Androgens are those hot ‘n’ sexy little hormones that make you feel like a teenager, with a sex drive revved all the way up to high.
If you do experience any physical discomfort due to vaginal dryness here’s what you can do:
- Lubricate. Astroglide Personal Lubricant is the perfect choice. Its water-based, water-soluble formula mimics natural body fluids, providing plenty of cushioning moisture to protect delicate tissues. Best of all, Astroglide promotes friction without rubbing or irritation. Astroglide has a gentle, clean feeling – no stickiness or grit – and is simple to wash off with water.
- Choose personal hygiene products carefully. Avoid deodorants or soaps with perfumes. Look for mild, hypoallergenic, fragrance-free products.
- Watch out for antihistamines. The pill you take to dry up a runny nose doesn’t really know when it should quit. It can’t differentiate between nasal mucous membranes and vaginal ones.
- There are even holistic options including acupuncture, Yoga, vitamins, herbs, or dietary changes like eating tofu. (yes, tofu…this natural alternative to chemical estrogen is one reason why there’s no Japanese translation for “hot flush!”)
- Stay in practice. A regular sex life will keep natural juices flowing and maintain pelvic muscle tone.
Menopause isn’t just “change of life.” Dispel those tired old myths with Astroglide and be sure that your sexuality doesn’t run out of steam as you get older.